Primary practice areas
- Social Security Disability (SSD)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Ohio, 1975
- U. S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U. S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- J.D., Ohio State University College of Law, 1975
- Moot Court National Team
- M.A., University of Cincinnati, 1971
- B.A., Marietta College, History, 1970
Professional affiliations and memberships
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Board of Directors of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR), 1994 – 2010
- Carter v. Secretary, 834 F. 2d 97 (6th Cir. 1987)
- Preston v. Secretary, 854 F. 2d 815 (6th Cir. 1988)
- Lancaster v. Commissioner, 228 F. 2d 563 (6th Cir. 2007)
- Rodriguez v. Secretary, 865 F. 2d 739 (6th Cir. 1989)
- Horenstein v. Secretary, 35 F. 3d 261 (6th Cir. 1994).
Helping Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana clients with SSD and SSI claims for more than 35 years
Social Security benefits lawyer Jim Williams is a member of Young, Reverman & Mazzei Co., L.P.A. Jim has more than 35 years of experience helping clients obtain compensation through Social Security Disability and Supplemental Security Income claims.
Jim started his career at the Office of Hearings and Appeals of the Social Security Administration. In this job, he acted as attorney and advisor to administrative law judges, helped them draft written decisions on disability cases and researched complex legal issues.
In 1982, Jim entered private law practice to represent claimants pursuing SSD and SSI benefits at hearings before administrative law judges and in appeals to the Social Security Appeals Council and to the federal courts. He has written more than 400 briefs to appeal Social Security Disability and Supplemental Security Income decisions in the U.S. District Courts and in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit.
Educating other lawyers on Social Security law
Because of his in-depth knowledge about SSA issues, Jim has been invited to speak at more than 30 seminars sponsored by the Cincinnati Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association CLE, the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, the Tennessee Association of Legal Services, Kentucky Legal Services and the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives. He wrote a chapter on disability law for the Social Security Practice Guide published by the Matthew Bender Company in 1984.
Consult an experienced Cincinnati Social Security lawyer to learn more about your rights
Learn more about your rights from Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana lawyer Jim Williams at Young, Reverman & Mazzei Co., L.P.A. by calling 513-721-1200 or toll-free at 800-721-1678 or contact him online to schedule your free initial telephone consultation.
We represent clients throughout Hamilton, Butler, Warren and Clermont counties. We also represent clients located across the river in Covington and Newport, Kentucky and across the border in Lawrenceburg, Indiana and in cities along the Interstate 75 and Interstate 71 corridors — including Lexington, Louisville, Florence, Dayton, Monroe, Middletown and Wilmington.