Third Party Workplace Accident Claims
Our lawyers helping victims of on-the-job accidents
Young, Reverman & Mazzei Co., L.P.A. was founded in 1972 with a focus on workers’ compensation and personal injury representation. Throughout four decades of practice, we have developed a reputation as conscientious, knowledgeable professionals who produce results.
Our team — which includes Ohio certified specialists in workers’ compensation law — can help you recover the damages you deserve from negligent parties who caused your on-the-job injuries.
Liability of third parties
Receiving workers’ compensation does not prevent you from filing a lawsuit against other negligent individuals and corporations. In addition to your claim against your employer, you may have:
- An automobile accident claim — against a motorist who struck you while you were driving to a business appointment or sales call
- A premises liability claim — against the owner of poorly maintained property if you slipped and fell on the premises during the course of your business
- A defective product claim — against a precut designer, manufacturer or vendor for malfunctioning equipment that caused your injuries
- A dog bite claim — against the dog’s owner if you were attacked while in the field conducting business
- A personal injury claim — against your coworker who acted negligently
- A medical malpractice claim — against a doctor for poor medical treatment that exacerbated your injuries
Our assertive team pursues the maximum compensation to which you are entitled against all parties who are liable for your injuries.
Claims against your employer
Workers’ compensation laws are designed to provide workers with a reliable source of protection in exchange for waiving the right to sue your employer for your injuries. However, your employer may be held liable for certain intentional torts — such as removing a safety feature from equipment — that expose you to risk. We thoroughly assess your case to determine if you are eligible for workers’ compensation and if you have a cause of action in civil court.
Consult experienced Cincinnati workers’ compensation and personal injury lawyers
To learn more about your rights to benefits after a workplace accident, call workers’ compensation and personal injury law firm of Young, Reverman & Mazzei Co., L.P.A. at 513-721-1200 or toll-free at 800-721-1678, or contact us online to schedule your free initial telephone consultation.
We represent clients throughout Hamilton, Butler, Warren and Clermont counties. We also represent clients located across the river in Covington and Newport, Kentucky and across the border in Lawrenceburg, Indiana and in cities along the Interstate 75 and Interstate 71 corridors — including Lexington, Louisville, Florence, Dayton, Monroe, Middletown and Wilmington.